Here are some pictures of my John Deere project. This time it is not another tractor, but a wood splitter using a John Deere LU power unit. It is basically like the LA. Some of the features I used are as follows.
- Two cylinder LU motor / crank start with magneto.
- 16″ tires from my pickup.
- Hydraulic pump off of a street sweeper.
- Hydraulic ram off a Caterpillar dozer.
- Old vehicle axle and hubs.
- Large steel beam from scrap yard.
- Time, lots and lots of time cutting, fitting, welding, grinding, and painting.
I am happy to say that it will rip or tear any type of wood. It is always in demand from one of my friends or relatives. I love to listen to the Poppon’ Johnny run.