For the Cockshutt section of the 2011 Steiner Tractor Parts catalog contest 19 year old Molly Bradley of Minneapolis Minnesota won with “The Mix” and “Field of Dreams”.
We asked Molly what advice she would give to others and she replied with the following.
Advice I would give to others is-
1. It doesnt matter what other people think of you. (living half mile from downtown Minneapolis with tractors…I get funny looks)
2. Start with one tractor and finish that project before starting more.
3. Pulling is scary when you first start!!!! but when the front end goes up a couple times you start to get used to it and you get to trust yourself to drive correctly and your tractor more!
4. If you need help or something doesnt seem right…ask someone who knows!
5. The people you meet at tractor shows and tractor pulls are some of the nicest most friendly people in this country.
And advice I would give to the older generation that loves tractors…..Get the grandchildren involved!!! It just might be our passion too. Even if we are girls! and tell us your story of farm life.
Read Molly’s restoration story at “Tractor Stories”.
Leave a Reply