Our 47th Annual Show will be held on Labor Day Weekend, September 2-5, 2022.
Friday, September 2: 9 AM – 5 PM
Saturday, September 3: 9 AM – 5 PM
Sunday, September 4: 9 AM – 5 PM
Monday, September 5: 9 AM – 4 PM
The show is held at the U.P. State Fairgrounds, U.S. Highway 2 & 41, Escanaba, Michigan. The street address is 2401 12th Avenue North, Escanaba, MI 49829
The showgrounds are relatively flat and can be navigated fairly easily. All of the buildings are accessible.
NEW FOR 2022
- We are proud to host the 2022 IHC Chapter 11 State Show and Summer Meeting.
- Friday night concert featuring Tom Katalin & the Highway 41 band.
- Tractor games on Saturday.
- Tractor slow races on Sunday
- Hawaiian theme shopping cart decorating contest for kids 5-14. We provide the cart and there will be cash prizes.
- Barnyard theme trailer decorating contest. Any trailer that can be towed behind a tractor and/or lawn tractor can enter. Cash prizes for the winners.
The gate charge is $6 per person per day. Exhibitors and children under 14 are admitted free. $10 weekend wristbands are also available.
This year we are featuring International Harvester equipment. We are delighted to welcome members of Chapter 11 International Harvester Collectors Club.
- Agricultural Museum: Friday, September 2 – Monday, September 5. Tour an eclectic collection of antiques and artifacts.
- Antique Autos Show: Friday, September 2 – Monday, September 5. Featuring cars from 1900-1935, this 4-day informal gathering of car lovers celebrates the early years of the automobile.
- Antique Village: Friday, September 2 – Monday, September 5. A variety of shops and working displays offer insight into the past, with an emphasis on regional history. Local artisans demonstrate traditional handicrafts and many of their creations are available for purchase.
- Auction: Sunday, September 4. Dan Samson auctions off a variety of items.
- Indoor/Outdoor Flea Market: Friday, September 2 – Monday, September 5. Visit one of the largest flea markets in the Upper Peninsula. Dozens of vendors offer a wide variety of items for sale.
- Knife and Gun Show: Friday, September 2 – Sunday, September 4. Buy, sell and trade at this three-day event sponsored by Marble Plus Knife Club.
DEMONSTRATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Daily parades 1PM.
- Daily engine crank-ups at 2 PM.
- Friday Evening Barn Dance
- Pancake Breakfast 7-9 AM, Saturday through Monday.
- Tractor Games beginning at 11 AM on Saturday.
- Threshing and hay baling demonstrations at 3 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Steam engine spark show at dusk on Saturday and Sunday.
- Saw mill in operation on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- Murphy diesel engine, drag saw, rock crusher, saw mill and shingle mill demonstrations in Antique Village on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
- Non-denominational church service 9 AM Sunday.
- Hawaiian theme shopping cart decorating contest for kids 5-14 and barnyard theme trailer decorating contest beginning at 10 AM on Sunday.
- Tractor slow races beginning at 11 AM on Sunday.
- Informal tractor pulls beginning at 2 PM on Sunday.
While we hope that you enjoy our show, our purpose is not simply to entertain you. As part of our efforts to preserve our past heritage, we strive to educate current generations about the machinery our forefathers used. While attending our show, if there is anything you don’t understand about the exhibits, please ask. Club members, exhibitors and artisans are happy to answer your questions.
Prefer to speak to a real person?
Nicole Landers c/o U.P.S.G.E.A.
PO Box 954 Escanaba MI 49829