Find out what it took to get this John Deere G running again.
Not much to say about this John Deere G tractor at this point except I seen it sitting on a vacant lot for some time when my son-in-law started working for the company that owns that lot and was put in charge of cleaning it up.
I ended up purchasing the tractor with the understanding that it had run just a few years prior. The motor was tight when I bought the tractor and I tried everything possible to loosen it up without any success. I ended up taking it apart and found a mouse nest in the water jacket and rust in the one cylinder so bad that after taking it apart I used a 20 ton jack and 20 lb hammer to get the one piston out. After checking out the rest of the tractor the only good thing on it was the transmission and the Roll-O-Matic. So I had to decide, am I going to scrap the G and hope to get some of my money back or do we rebuild the entire tractor. After leaving it sit in my shop all torn apart I decided to rebuild or maybe I should say build a G John Deere. I don’t have a lot of photos at this time but I can keep posting as we work on it. And thank you Steiner for the few items already, you should be seeing more orders coming your way as we get along with the rebuilding.
Walhalla, North Dakota
For more stories about John Deere tractors visit our visit here.